Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar has added ThermiVA, vaginal rejuvenation to its menu of non-invasive treatments. Vaginal rejuvenation has become a #trendingtreatment... Continue Reading
GentleMax® for Hair Removal
Treatment for Permanent Hair Reduction
Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar, one of the premier cosmetic laser surgery centers in Southern California and dedicated to excellence in skin care and rejuvenation, offers the most advanced laser technology for hair removal.
As a leading expert in laser surgery, Dr. Atkin safely and effectively uses the GentleMAX® laser for permanent hair reduction for all skin and hair types-for men and women. The new GentleMAX® laser works by generating a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin and destroys the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding tissue. The GentleMAX® is one of the most advanced hair removal lasers, with a unique cooling system offering greater safety and comfort.
Because of the nature of hair growth cycles, more than one treatment is usually required. Areas of the body that can be treated:
- Upper Lip
- Bikini Area
Dr. Atkin also uses the GentleMAX® laser for Photorejuvenation of the skin, eliminating unsightly skin discoloration.
*Results May Vary
What to Expect
Laser Hair Removal may require several treatments to achieve your desired results. Typically laser hair removal sessions are spaced 6 to 8weeks apart, depending on the patient.
- Length of Time for Procedure –Sessions can be as fast as 15 minutes up to an hour, depending on the size and number of treated areas.
- Who Will Perform This Procedure? – Deborah H. Atkin, M.D., our board-certified dermatologist, will perform this procedure.
- What is the Recovery Time? There is no downtime from laser hair removal with GentleMAX® YAG.
- Final Results of the Procedure – With every session you will see significant reduction in the amount of hair in the treated area.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? In between treatments, it is recommended that patients not wax, pluck, or use hair removal creams. Sunscreen is recommended for daily use, but it is particularly important after any laser treatment as the skin can be more photosensitive. SkinMedica’s Environmental Defense SPF+30 or 50 provides great protection and is non-comedogenic.
Contact Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
Contact Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar at 858.350.SKIN (7546) to schedule a consultation.