Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar has added ThermiVA, vaginal rejuvenation to its menu of non-invasive treatments. Vaginal rejuvenation has become a #trendingtreatment... Continue Reading
Treatment of Brown Spots, Sun Damage, and Tattoo Removal
The ALEXLAZR™ laser treatment provides fast, powerful, effective removal of liver spots, sunspots, age spots, and other pigmented skin lesions as well as tattoo ink. This is an effective laser treatment available from Deborah H. Atkin, M.D..
The ALEXLAZR™ laser can selectively target and eliminate the pigmented lesion or tattoo pigment without damaging the surrounding skin. In tattoo removal, the effectiveness of the laser is dependent upon the age, location, depth, and type of tattoo, as well as the composition of the pigments.
Variety of Applications
The ALEXLAZR™ treats a variety of pigmented lesions – as well as tattoo pigments – including black, blue, and green. The ALEXLAZR™’s 755nm wavelength maximizes beam penetration, providing optimal results in the treatment of deeper pigmented lesion conditions like Nevus of Ota, which causes blue hyperpigmentation of the face. At times, this laser maybe used as part of a treatment plan for melasma.
Safe and Effective Treatments
The ALEXLAZR™’s homogenous beam profile eliminates hot spots, which alleviates discomfort and adverse effects. It also has the ability to minimize skin texture changes and reduce risk of tissue damage.
What Makes Your Treatment with Dr. Atkin Different than other Practices Using the Same Technology?
Each laser has its own set of strengths for treating skin conditions. Dr. Atkin has access to ten lasers within her practice. So, rather than using one laser to treat your skin, she can combine laser treatments for the best possible outcome. Dr. Atkin will personally evaluate your skin, develop a plan of action utilizing the wide range of technology within the practice, and perform every aspect of your procedure.
*Results May Vary
What to Expect
There may be mild swelling in the area treated, and you will see a darkening of the pigment (brown spot or tattoo) for a few days. A thin crust may form on the surface of the treated area. Discomfort ranges from very minimal to none. Patients are made comfortable with ice packs to cool and soothe the skin.
- Length of Time for Procedure – Depending on the size of the treated area, this procedure can typically be completed in 30 minutes or less.
- Who Will Perform This Procedure? – Deborah H. Atkin, M.D., the head of our dermatology practice, will perform this procedure.
- What is the Recovery Time? You should not experience any significant downtime from the ALEXLAZR™ treatment.
- Final Results of the Procedure? – Within a few days the patient will notice the initial darkness followed by lightening as the pigment breaks up.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? – If you have treatment with ALEXLAZR™ you may also want to try Rebrightalyze brightening pads, Revisions Intellishade and SkinMedica Lytera Brightening Complex.
Contact Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
Do you have additional questions? Contact us to schedule a consultation with Deborah H. Atkin, M.D..