Tinea versicolor is caused by a common yeast that lives on everyones skin. In some individuals the yeast overgrows and shows up as light or... Continue Reading
If you want a firmer, more toned silhouette but diet and exercise are unable to produce the results you desire, there is a revolutionary new treatment available that can help to reshape the body, diminish the appearance of stubborn cellulite, and reduce the circumference of the abdomen and thighs. Non-invasive and similar in sensation to a massage, VelaShape® III is the latest body-contouring method available from our practice, and Deborah H. Atkin, M.D., our experienced dermatologist, can utilize this advanced technology to help you achieve your cosmetic goals without undergoing surgery.
VelaShape® III is designed for individuals with mild to moderate rippling and excess fat caused by a loss of firmness and elasticity in the skin. The latest version in the VelaShape® line boasts up to five times the power of the pioneering treatment.
For more information about VelaShape® III or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Atkin, please contact our office today.
How VelaShape® Works
VelaShape® III relies on a therapeutic body contouring system that uses multiple modalities to achieve subtle, natural-looking results. By employing a combination of infrared light energy, radiofrequency electrical energy, and suction massage, typically the device can gently and effectively reshape common “problem” areas, such as the abdomen, arms, thighs, and buttocks. Together, these methods will heat the fat, collagen, and connective tissues located deep beneath the skin’s surface, often leading to an increased metabolic rate, improved circulation and lymphatic flow, and firmer skin.
What to Expect
During your initial consultation, our staff will develop a customized treatment plan depending on your needs and expressed goals. Each appointment lasts approximately 20 minutes to one hour, though your experience will vary. The treatable area will be approximately the size of a sheet of paper, or about 8 ½” by 11”. Most patients report little to no discomfort, and the procedure should feel similar to a deep tissue massage.
- Length of Time for Procedure? Depending on the number of areas to be treated, unique anatomic needs of the patient, and the desired outcome, the procedure may take anywhere from about 20 minutes to one hour.
- Who Will Perform This Procedure? A highly trained member of the nursing staff will develop a customized treatment plan and perform the treatment for qualified patients.
- What is the Recovery Time? Typically there is no recovery time, and you should be able to return to normal activities immediately following the procedure.
- Final Results of the Procedure? You should see some improvement in the treated area soon after the first session; however, we recommend three to six treatments to achieve your desired results. These appointments should be scheduled once or twice a week.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? VelaShape® III treatments work wonderfully alone or combined with other and body rejuvenation methods, including CoolSculpting, ZWave PRO, and UltraShape®, which may enhance your results further.
Contact Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
If you have additional questions about VelaShape® III treatments, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Atkin, please contact our office today.