Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar has added ThermiVA, vaginal rejuvenation to its menu of non-invasive treatments. Vaginal rejuvenation has become a #trendingtreatment... Continue Reading
You can add volume to facial features such as the lips and cheeks, and fill in lines, wrinkles, and creases with Juvéderm®. This popular injectable treatment has proven to be highly-effective with long-lasting results. Juvéderm® is a smooth gel dermal filler offering a natural look and feel with results lasting for up to six to twelve months. Juvéderm® is administered by Deborah H. Atkin, M.D.. This dermal filler flows easily into the skin, creating a smooth, natural look.
Juvéderm® is composed of hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the human body, and therefore does not require allergy testing. This means there should not be a waiting period before treatment. The smooth consistency of Juvéderm® dermal filler also may help to minimize the discomfort that can sometimes occur during the injection procedure.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is the first and only hyaluronic gel filler approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat facial aging in the mid face. The fact that it works instantly to replenish volume, lift the cheek area and lasts up to 2 years, puts Voluma in a class of its own. Treatments are designed to smooth moderate to severe wrinkles and folds and enhance volume lost over time due to aging and sun exposure. Treatment with Voluma is a wonderful way to enhance the overall natural shape of your face, giving your face a softer and more youthful look.
*Results May Vary
Juvederm® XC and Juvederm® Ultra Plus XC
Juvéderm®XC and Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC extend additional comfort to the procedure by adding lidocaine, a numbing agent, to the formulation.
*Results May Vary
What to Expect
Treatment with Juvéderm® can provide effective facial rejuvenation of wrinkles and folds, and also work to add volume to facial features such as the lips and cheeks. Although the procedure is performed by injection into the treatment areas with an ultra-fine needle, Dr. Atkin can apply a topical numbing agent to ensure you experience minimal discomfort. You can expect some slight swelling, and possible mild bruising at the injection area, but this should dissipate within a few days. Final results of Juvéderm® treatment are almost immediate.
- Length of Time for Procedure – This procedure can be performed in as little as 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size and number of areas being treated.
- Who Will Perform This Procedure? – Our board-certified dermatologist, Deborah H. Atkin, MD, performs all injectable procedures.
- What is the Recovery Time? There is very minimal to no downtime. Temporary slight bruising or swelling can occur. Supplements are available to help prevent and minimize any swelling or bruising. Patients typically resume normal daily routines immediately after the procedure.
- Final Results of the Procedure – During your consultation, Dr. Atkin will help you determine your treatment regimen. The effects of Juvéderm™ usually last six to twelve months. This can vary with the area treated, the volume injected, and the desired correction.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? – SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum and IPL (photofacial) therapy can serve as excellent complements to treatment with Juvéderm™.
Contact Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
Do you have additional questions? Contact our office or schedule a consultation with Deborah H. Atkin, M.D..