Staff Pick: Tara Favorite Product: HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator from SkinMedica. HA5 hydrates long term, helps decrease fine lines and makes your skin look refreshed and... Continue Reading
GentleMax® for PhotoRejuvenation
Wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, and uneven pigmentation in the skin can be effectively improved by treatment with GentleMAX® photorejuvenation. This is a state-of-the-art procedure that allows board-certified dermatologist Deborah H. Atkin, MD to treat areas of affected skin with a high-powered light, renewing skin layers and rejuvenating the skin to a more youthful, healthy sheen. Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar offers the most advanced laser technology for photorejuvenation, allowing Dr. Atkin to restore luster, smoothness, and even tone to the skin.
With aging, the skin changes as the cumulative effects of sun damage reveal freckles, wrinkles, and other blemishes. A series of non-invasive Photorejuvenation treatments can dramatically improve the health and quality of the skin with little to no downtime and minimal discomfort. Photorejuvenation is most often used on the face, neck and chest, but also can be used on other areas of the body. The GentleMAX® YAG is often combined with Coolsculpting®, IPL, and ALEXLAZR™.
What Makes Dr. Atkin’s Approach Unique?
Not only will Dr. Atkin perform every aspect of your procedure, but she will use a combination of lasers to achieve the best possible outcome. Dr. Atkin has selected ten of the most advanced laser technologies for her patient’s care. Because she has access to multiple lasers and not just one, she can combine their strengths for your skin’s maximum benefit. What to Expect? Treatment with photorejuvenation is a virtually painless and quick process. Dr. Atkin will guide the GentleMAX® laser over the areas targeted for treatment, and the light energy will work to treatdamaged skin while stimulating new, healthy collagen growth at the same time. The treatment is designed to cool the outer layers of skin during the procedure, so there should be little to no discomfort during the process. A strong numbing agent, topical lidocaine (LMX), can be used 30 minutes prior to treatment to alleviate any discomfort.
What to Expect
- Length of Time for Procedure? About 15-30 minutes or less, depending on the size and number of targeted areas.
- Who Will Perform This Procedure? Deborah H. Atkin, M.D., our board-certified dermatologist, will perform this procedure.
- What is the Recovery Time? There is no downtime from photorejuvenation with GentleMAX®.
- Final Results of the Procedure – Photorejuvenation is designed to improve a number of skin conditions, including wrinkling, sun damage, age spots, and uneven pigmentation. Results can keep improving over time, as new collagen growth will stimulate more healthy layers of skin. Results are long-lasting and follow-up treatments can help maintain them even longer. Although some redness will be present after treatment, this should dissipate rapidly over the next few hours.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum will help rebuild collagen as well as slow the rate of collagen break-down over time. In addition, Vitamin C & E and Retinol Complex can often enhance results when combined with this procedure.
Dr. Atkin also uses GentleMAX® for laser hair removal.
Contact Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
Do you have additional questions? Contact us to schedule a consultation with Deborah H. Atkin, M.D. or call Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar at 858.350.SKIN (7546).