Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar has added ThermiVA, vaginal rejuvenation to its menu of non-invasive treatments. Vaginal rejuvenation has become a #trendingtreatment... Continue Reading
Fat Dissolving and Body Shaping Treatments
Dermatology and Laser of Del Mar is pleased to introduce CoolSculpting®, an innovative, non-surgical procedure for reducing unwanted fat. CoolSculpting® uses a patented method called Cryolipolysis™ to precisely target and destroy fat cells in problem areas for dramatically smoother contours without surgery!
How CoolSculpting® Works
During the procedure, a non-invasive applicator uses a gentle vacuum pressure to draw the skin and fat cells between cooling panels. CoolSculpting® then cools the fat cells. The cells crystalize and those cells break apart and are safely metabolized by the body over a period of weeks after your treatment leaving surrounding cells unaffected. Clinical trials show that eliminating fat with CoolSculpting® is safe and effective and does not harm the skin.
- This is not a surgical procedure
- There is no downtime
- No anesthesia is required
- There is minimal discomfort associated with this procedure
- CoolSculpting® is designed to targets areas of fat that are difficult to address with diet and exercise alone, including love handles, abdomen, hips and thighs
- CoolSculpting® is not intended to treat obesity
*Results May Vary
What to Expect
Effective fat reduction without surgery, anesthesia, or downtime. CoolSculpting® focuses on areas of fat that have not responded to diet and exercise, eliminating excess fat deposits without harming the surrounding skin.
- Length of Time for Procedure? 1 – 2 hours, depending on the number of areas treated
- What is the Recovery Time? There is no downtime with this procedure and you may return to full activity immediately. In rare cases, temporary bruising may occur at the treatment area. You may also experience mild tenderness for a few days to weeks after treatment.
- Final Results of the Procedure? Patients will notice an improvement in the area in approximately 3 weeks. The full benefit can be seen in 2-3 months. While results occur with a single treatment, results are additive with additional treatments.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? Patients having CoolSculpting® may also consider Thermage® to firm and tighten the skin.