Staff Pick: Tara Favorite Product: HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator from SkinMedica. HA5 hydrates long term, helps decrease fine lines and makes your skin look refreshed and... Continue Reading
Thermage® Skin Tightening
Treatment for Fine Lines, Wrinkles, and Skin Tightening
Thermage® is the only non-invasive treatment that deeply tightens and contours the skin, with virtually no downtime. In as little as one treatment with Thermage®, your skin may immediately feel tighter, smoother, and appear more youthful. Even better, you will likely notice additional tightening over time, as Thermage® continues to improve your skin for 3 to 6 months after treatment.
How Thermage® Works
The FDA-approved Thermage® procedure employs a patented radiofrequency (RF) technology called Thermacool™, which has been clinically proven to tighten and gently lift skin to smooth out wrinkles and renew facial contours. The incision-free procedure is fast and easy, requires no downtime, and can be performed on patients of all skin types. The Thermacool™ device is used for the non-invasive treatment of facial wrinkles and body contouring. Always on the cutting edge of aesthetic technology, Del Mar dermatologist Deborah H. Atkin, M.D. offers the newest of Thermage® treatments, Comfort Pulse Technology® (CPT). This advanced treatment method employs vibration to decrease any discomfort, leading to a more comfortable and effective treatment.
Thermage® stimulates the collagen so that it will keep working to improve skin texture after treatment. Plus, unlike other skin tightening procedures, Thermage® works after one treatment, although benefits are additive with multiple treatments. Many patients incorporate Thermage® treatments into their annual skin care regime to continue to promote collagen renewal and what Dr. Atkin refers to as an anti-aging phenomenon.
Collagen Stimulation and Anti-Aging
The collagen levels in your skin are decreasing every day. As we age, the reduction in collagen results in the wrinkling and sagging of the skin. Thermage® stimulates your body’s natural renewal of collagen which softens wrinkles and tightens the skin. If you could turn back the hands of time by ten years and restore your skin’s appearance, would you? Then why not stop the clock today? Dr. Atkin will work with you to develop a skin care regimen that prevents further skin damage and creates your own anti-aging phenomenon.
I was shocked when I had to renew my passport photo-things were sagging! Thanks to Thermage and Dr. Atkin, you can see dramatic tightening in my skin, especially when I compare myself to older pictures!* – Jennifer / Thermage® Patient
*Results May Vary
Thermage® Skin Tightening Results
*Results May Vary
What to Expect
Tightening and lifting of the skin for a smoother, more healthy-looking texture and improved skin tone. There may be mild redness in the treatment area that goes away within a few minutes. After treatment you can return to your normal activities without anyone knowing you’ve had “a procedure”.
- Length of Time for Procedure – Depending on the size and number of areas being treated, Thermage® can be performed in as little as 20 minutes. Multiple areas will require additional time.
- Who Will Perform This Procedure? – Dr. Atkin, our board-certified dermatologist, will perform this procedure.
- What is the Recovery Time? There is no downtime with this procedure.
- Final Results of the Procedure – Tighter, firmer skin. You will begin to see a result in about 3 weeks, with the final result at 3 -6 months as new collagen forms.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? Many patients that have Thermage® also benefit from Fraxel® Dual skin resurfacing to improve skin discoloration, irregular texture and pre-cancerous changes. Patients having Thermage® will also see enhanced benefits if they use SkinMedica® TNS Essential Serum, Retinol Complex and Dermal Repair as their anti-aging skin care regimen.
Contact Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
Do you have additional questions? Contact us to schedule a consultation with Deborah H. Atkin, M.D..