VI Peel Collection
Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar is excited to offer the VI Peel Collection. These popular peels are a favorite of many and as more patients have requested it, we have added it to our menu of aesthetic services.
The VI Peel combats the signs of aging, treats melasma and hyperpigmentation, sun damage, acne and more. The VI Peel is a blend of 5 different acids designed to target multiple skin conditions:
- Retinoic acid– Inhibits melanin production to combat melasma and hyperpigmentation. It also increases cellular turnover to renew and refresh the skin’s surface.
- Trichloroacetic acid- Improves skin texture by boosting collagen production and encouraging exfoliation.
- Salicylic acid- Decreases inflammation in the skin caused by acne or environmental damage. Salicylic acid also provides a deep cleansing for the pores and inhibits the production of sebum, to decrease acne.
- Phenol- This is used for its antiseptic properties. It stops the growth of bacteria in the skin and aids in the penetration of trichloroacetic acid into the deeper layer of skin.
- Ascorbic acid- This powerful antioxidant that reverses free radicals and environmental damage to even out skin tone.
Vi Peel is excellent as a stand alone treatment or in combination with laser and injectable treatments
What to expect with VI Peel
The VI Peel is potent yet gentle. During treatment you can expect mild to moderate tingling. The application of the peel solution will take about 10-15 minutes. You will be given a post procedure kit to use at home. It includes three individually packaged towelettes that will be applied within the first 48 hours of your treatment. You should expect the peeling process to usually begin two days post peel and may continue for up to day seven.
Will I be more light sensitive?
It is recommended that you stay out of the sun after your peel. An SPF of 30 or higher, preferably one that contains a titanium or zinc is recommended.
How many peels will I need?
We recommend a series of three VI Peels. These are performed every 4-6 weeks with added improvement with each peel. After the first you will love how smooth and soft your skin feels, pigment will become lighter and you will begin to notice softening of fine lines and improvements in irregular skin texture.
Who is a good candidate for VI Peel?
The beauty of the VI Peel is that it is a great treatment choice for almost everyone. It is safe and effective for darker skin types and can be used in combination with your favorite fillers and lasers. If can be customized to treat a large variety of skin issues.
It is not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, you should not have VI Peel if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
For more information or to schedule your VI Peel contact us.