I am a bit of a self professed skin care junkie. In addition to my at-home regimen of potions and lotions I have my own... Continue Reading
Fraxel® Laser Trio
Treatments for Skin Resurfacing, Pre-cancerous Changes, Sun Damage, Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Uneven Texture and Skin Discoloration
Deborah H. Atkin, M.D., our board-certified dermatologist, uses only the latest, proven effective technologies to help you improve your skin and make a real difference in your appearance. Some of the most innovative skin treatment techniques of the last decade have come in the form of laser technology – a virtually painless and extremely beneficial way of reducing signs of age and sun damage, as well as bringing out your healthier skin layers.
The innovative Fraxel® trio of lasers are specially designed fractionated laser that treat and improve the appearance of acne scars, discoloration, fine lines, and sun damaged skin, improving the skin’s overall tone and texture. Fraxel® lasers treat tiny microscopic portions of skin leaving “bridges” of healthy skin intact, allowing for a quicker healing process.
How It Works
To understand the Fraxel® Laser Treatment, think of your skin as a family portrait or digital photograph in need of high-quality restoration or a touch up. Just as a damaged painting is delicately restored one small area at a time, or a photographic image is altered pixel by pixel, Fraxel® Laser Treatment improves your appearance by treating only a fraction of your skin at a time with thousands of tiny microscopic laser spots.
After your very first Fraxel® Laser Treatments, you will begin to feel the difference in your skin, as it gradually becomes softer, smoother, and fresher. Fine lines around your eyes will noticeably fade after the Fraxel® Laser Treatment, as will the uneven coloring and the brown spots caused by aging, acne, melasma, and sun exposure.
Re:store™ Laser by Fraxel®
For mild to moderate skin damage on the face and body – Treats wrinkles around the eyes, acne scars, surgical scars, age spots, sun damage, melasma and other discoloration, and actinic keratoses. This treatment requires a little downtime and most patients return to normal activities within a day or two. This treatment is especially good for acne scarring and other types of scars.
Re:store™ Laser Results
*Results May Vary
The DUAL Laser by Fraxel®
While still offering the safety, comfort, and minimal downtime of the previous Fraxel® lasers, the Fraxel® Dual laser combines the benefits of the Re:store Erbium resurfacing with new Thulium laser for pigment and actinic damage, addressing both superficial and medium depth resurfacing, in which all skin types can benefit. It was also designed to treat larger areas, allowing Dr. Atkin to address multiple body areas in a single session. This makes it the ideal treatment for resurfacing sun damaged arms, legs and backs. Most patients return to normal activities within a day or two.
DUAL Laser Results
*Results May Vary
Re:pair® Laser by Fraxel®
For more moderate to extensive skin damage – The Re:pair® Laser by Fraxel® treats deeper wrinkles, fine lines, furrows, uneven texture, age spots, actinic sun damage, and works to tighten loose skin. The Re:pair® Laser by Fraxel® is a safer and less invasive alternative to traditional eyelid surgery. Many patients also choose this as an alternative to a facelift. Most patients will return to normal activities in about a week.
Re:pair® Laser Results
*Results May Vary
What Makes Your Treatment with Dr. Atkin Different from other Practices?
With ten lasers at Dr. Atkin’s disposal, she is able to customize and streamline the best combination of treatments to help meet each individual goal. She personally evaluates your skin type and considers your concerns and goals. She then will appropriately put together a combination of treatments. In some instances there is no additional charge when two or more lasers are used in your treatment. Your concerns are important and this is just one way that Dr. Atkin will work with you to achieve optimum results.
I feel like I had a mini-face lift, without having to go through surgery. My skin feels smoother and looks tighter, and I feel like I look a good five years younger. My friends couldn’t tell exactly what I had done, but they knew I looked better. I continued to notice improvement in my skin for months following the procedure.*
Judith Jarcho – Fraxel® and Thermage® Patient
*Results May Vary
What to Expect?
After your Fraxel® Dual treatment you should expect to have mild to moderate redness (similar to windburn) and mild swelling. Most patients notice a very slight “sandpaper” feel to the skin the day after treatment. This is accompanied with a few days of slight flaking and peeling. To minimize any discomfort during the procedure, a strong topical numbing agent is applied in office 1-1.5 hours prior to treatment. We recommend patients start on VitaMedica’s Healing Supplement program to prevent and minimize any bruising or swelling a few days before treatment. This supplement contains Bromelain and Arnica Montana, and can be purchased through our office.
- Length of Time for Procedure? This will depend on the size and number of areas being treated; however, many Fraxel® laser procedures can be completed in 30 minutes.
- Who Will Perform This Procedure? Deborah H. Atkin, M.D., our board-certified dermatologist.
- What is the Recovery Time? Depending on the size and locations of the areas being treated, many patients can resume normal daily activities soon after treatment. Patients having Re:pair® by Fraxel® may require a few days.
- Final Results of the Procedure? You should see a nice improvement in the color and texture of your skin within 1-2 weeks; however, new collagen will continue to form for 4-6 months after the procedure. Patients seeking this treatment for actinic sun damage, pre-cancerous changes in the skin, will also notice a significant improvement.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? Many patients also enjoy the benefits of using an injectable wrinkle reducer such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport® in combination with Fraxel® Dual. Dr. Atkin and her staff recommend any patient having Fraxel® laser skin resurfacing treatment maintain an anti-aging regimen of SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum, Retinol Complex, Dermal Repair Moisturizer and physical block sunscreen such as SkinMedica Total Defense and Repair or Revisions Intellishade Sunscreen. We strongly recommend starting an anti-aging program to maintain the results after your procedure.
Contact Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
Do you have additional questions? Contact our office or schedule a consultation with Deborah H. Atkin, M.D..