Sophia’s Skin Care Regimen
Sophia – Licensed Esthetician
- SkinMedica Facial Cleanser
- SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum
- SkinMedica Rejuvenative Moisturizer
- Intellishade Original Tinted SPF 45
- SkinMedica Facial Cleanser
- SkinMedica Purifying Toner
- SkinMedica Lytera
- SkinMedica Retinol Complex
- Spot Treat w/ SkinMedica Acne Treatment Lotion (when needed)
For my skin care routine I like to go by the rule of protect for the day and treat at night. I tend to be pretty busy, so I also like to keep it somewhat simple, but effective. Using a few top of the line products to keep acne breakouts and hyperpigmentation under control and my skin looking youthful. In the morning I cleanse my skin with SkinMedica’s Facial Cleanser and apply TNS Essential Serum, which improves skin tone, texture and firmness. I then apply SkinMedica’s Rejuvenative Moisturizer and to finish off my AM skin care routine I add Revisions Intellishade Original Tinted SPF 45. It is a great physical broad-spectrum UVA and UVB SPF with advanced peptides and is hydrating to the skin, giving great coverage for sun protection and evening out skin tone. When I am spending a lot of my day outside, I also like to apply Colorscience SPF 50 powder throughout the day to continue protecting my skin from the sun. This powder also has UVA/UVB protection with both zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as active ingredients. I like that I can easily use this powder throughout the day to keep my skin protected.
At night I cleanse my skin with SkinMedica’s Facial Cleanser and follow it with my SkinMedica Purifying Toner to reset my PH and remove any extra makeup and dirt off my face. I then apply SkinMedica’s Lytera, which helps to treat my hyperpigmentation. Next I use SkinMedica’s Tri-Retinol Complex which contains 3 forms of vitamin A to improve the appearance of fine lines and sun damaged skin, enhances skin texture to renew and revitalize the skin. Lastly, if I have any active acne I will spot treat with SkinMedica’s Acne Treatment Lotion, which works great at targeting those stubborn breakouts.
* 3-4 times a week I use my Clarisonic at night when washing my face to get the extra dirt, make-up and oil off, but only the second time I wash my face or at least after I wipe off my makeup with a towelette. This is to prevent me from rubbing my makeup all over my face with the Clarisonic. I also use one of my favorite products, Epicurans Micro-Derm Ultra-Refining Scrub 2-3 times a week, at night in the shower to exfoliate and get the dead layers of skin off my face, leaving it soft and smooth so my products penetrate deeper, making them more effective.
* Some of my favorite skin care products are: SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum, SkinMedica Rejuvenative Moisturizer, Revisions Intellishade Original Tinted SPF 45, Epicuren Mirco-Derm Ultra-Refining Scrub and IS Clinical Active Serum.