Rejuvenize Peel at Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel is a superficial peel that penetrates into the deeper layers of the epidermis to produce a controlled exfoliation of the skin.
Rejuvenize Peel is one of the most popular, result oriented treatments offered at our medical and cosmetic dermatology practice. The key ingredients to the Rejuvenize are Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Resorcinol and Retinol.
There are many benefits to the Rejuvenize peel:
- Reduction in pigmentation (brown spots) and sun damage
- Improves Melasma
- Corrects acne and acne scarring
- Smooths the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and softens rough texture
Rejuvenize Peel is a well tolerated treatment. Many clients will see a noticeable difference after just one peel, however a series of three to six is recommended to achieve maximum benefit.
The Rejuvenize Peel Process
Before a Rejuvenize Peel the client should stop retinol, or exfoliating products two days prior to treatment (Retin A, Renova, Tazorac). It is important to note that the peel cannot be performed if you are sunburned.
The day of treatment the patients skin will be cleansed and dried. A prepping solution will be applied to degrease the skin and also remove any make up residue. Once the skin is completely dry, the peeling solution is applied. The esthetician will apply one to four layers of the peeling solution depending on the condition to be treated and degree of improvement sought.
There is a mild to moderate tingling sensation during the application of the peeling solution. A hand held fan may be used to decrease discomfort.
The next step is to apply A Retinol Solution. This is applied in layers as well. You may apply the entire vial depending on the patients tolerance and degree of peeling desired.
The last step is to apply mineral sunscreen to the treated area. The client will be instructed to leave the peel and retinol solution on the skin for several hours before cleansing.
A mild cleanser, hydrating moisturizer and sunscreen will be used post treatment. This is what will be used until the peeling process has resolved. Do not use your specialty products (serums, lightening agents, antioxidants or retinols) while you are peeling. It may create some irritation. Patients are advised against vigorous scrubbing or pulling on the skin. Sun exposure should be controlled (sunscreen, wide sunglasses and a hat. Shade is a must!) Lastly, no vigorous exercise for 48 hours post procedure. Light make up may be applied, however you need to take care in removing it so as not to irritate the sensitive, healing skin.
SkinMedica’s GRASS regimen (Growth Factors, Retinol, Antioxidants, Specialty Product and Sunscreen) is recommended for Rejuvenize Peel clients with the exception of acne patients.
The at home regimen should consist of:
- TNS Essential Serum (morning and evening) or TNS Recovery Complex
- Lytera Brightening Complex (morning and evening). Patients will severe Melasma or Pigmentation may be prescribed a hydroquinone based product to rotate with the Lytera.
- Retinol Complex – Patients that are new to Retinol should be started at the lowest strength and titrated up.
- Sunscreen – At least SPF 30+ for day-to-day use and 50+ may be used when the patient is out for any length of time. Colorescience Sunforgettable brushes are excellent for daily reapplication.
To schedule a consultation with our medically trained esthetician contact Dermatology & Laser at (858) 350-7546