CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™
Fat Dissolving and Body Shaping Treatments
As a leading expert in cosmetic dermatology, Deborah H. Atkin, MD, is pleased to introduce CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™, an innovative, non-surgical procedure for reducing unwanted fat. CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ uses a patented method called Cryolipolysis™ to precisely target and destroy fat cells in problem areas for dramatically smoother contours without surgery!
How It Works
During the procedure, a non-invasive applicator uses a gentle vacuum pressure to draw the skin and fat cells between cooling panels. CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ then cools the fat cells. The cells crystalize and those cells break apart and are safely metabolized by the body over a period of weeks after your treatment leaving surrounding cells unaffected. Clinical trials show that eliminating fat with CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ is safe and effective and does not harm the skin.
- This is not a surgical procedure
- There is no downtime
- No anesthesia is required
- There is minimal discomfort associated with this procedure
- CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ is designed to targets areas of fat that are difficult to address with diet and exercise alone, including love handles, abdomen, hips and thighs
- CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ is not intended to treat obesity
Fat cells are uniquely susceptible to extreme cold. CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ is a patented technology that harnesses the power of cold to reduce fat in the targeted areas.
What to Expect
Effective fat reduction without surgery, anesthesia, or downtime. CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ focuses on areas of fat that have not responded to diet and exercise, eliminating excess fat deposits without harming the surrounding skin.
- Length of Time for Procedure? 1 – 2 hours, depending on the number of areas treated
- Who Will Perform This Procedure? Deborah H. Atkin, M.D., our board-certified dermatologist.
- What is the Recovery Time? There is no downtime with this procedure and you may return to full activity immediately. In rare cases, temporary bruising may occur at the treatment area. You may also experience mild tenderness for a few days to weeks after treatment.
- Final Results of the Procedure? Patients will notice an improvement in the area in approximately 3 weeks. The full benefit can be seen in 2-3 months. While results occur with a single treatment, results are additive with additional treatments.
- Other Treatments or Skincare Products that May Improve My Result? Patients having CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ may also consider Thermage® to firm and tighten the skin.
Dermatology and Laser of Del Mar is conveniently located near you! Click the links below for door-to-door driving directions.